Sunday, August 24, 2008

A perfect day...


I don't think things could have gone much better today. Part of the proof is that at 7:30pm tonight all 3 children were sleeping quietly in their rooms!!! (Tim and I are going to sleep in Joshua's room for a while until he gets used to the house.)

We met Joshua this morning at 8am at JFK airport. What a cutie! He smiled at us right away! We have been with him all day and not one tear! He is very calm, inquisitive and smart. On the way home from Indianapolis airport he talked to Caleb and Amelia the whole way. Everything they said he said right back - and well. It was amazing. They came home and all played great and then after a quick first taste of pizza (we will eat better following today) we got cleaned up, brushed teeth and all went to bed! We are waiting for the other shoe to fall. The kids have been calling him Joshua and he answers to it great. Tim and I were planning to call him Josue for a while, but we will see how the transition goes.

We are exhausted and are heading to bed soon ourselves. We can't thank Jilma enough. While we stayed home in the comforts of the US, she traveled to a harsh, unsafe and difficult place to help bring our son home. Even while we sit here tonight, she is still in route to her destination on the west coast. She is a strong woman and will always be a very important person in Josue's life. Without her, he surely would not be here today.

Here are some pictures of our day today. We will have many more to come...



4 comments:

Heart and Hands said...

He is SO PRECIOUS! Welcome home Joshua! Great job to everyone who made this day happen. Amazing. It's so great to see his little smile.

jslice80 said...

WELCOME HOME BABY JOSHUA!

He is just so adorable! We can't wait to meet him. I just got off the phone with my mom and she filled me in. I will give you a ring tomorrow to hear more!! I just thought I would check the blog real quick before headed to bed and you did not fail me! Glad everyone is home safely!

Love,
Miranda and Josh

s a r a h said...

danielle! how BIG your joy must be! he is so sweet and beautful--i love his little smile... i spoke wiht Christin N. a few weeks ago (Carolyn and Toby are in the same class again this year) and learned that your son was coming home soon--yahoo! so excited for you and your family! i have thought about you many times this summer.
blessings
s a r a h

Unknown said...

Can I please ask you for some advice on adopting from the DRC? And you did not have to travel to the DRC to handle the adoption? Pleeeeease let me know how to do this?

Forever grateful,
Heidi

doc.ramsey@comcast.net